Xbox Live Creators Program Is Now Live

All That Remains

Xbox Live Creators Program Is Now Live

Postby lcocea » 2017-08-14 19:35

Microsoft: "any developer can now directly publish their games to Xbox One and Windows 10... In other words, if you have a Dev Center account, then you’re ready to publish your game to Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs... You’ll be able to implement features such as sign-in and presence, use of your Gamertag, leaderboards... However, since Creators Program is an open program as opposed to a managed one, some services are not available to you: Achievements, Gamerscore or internet multiplayer. The good news is that if you want access to these features, we encourage you to apply to the  ID@Xbox program where you’ll get the ability to incorporate these. And of course, there’s a path for games to move from the Creators Program to ID@Xbox during development (or even after they reach the Store) if a developer decides they want to add Gamerscore, Achievements or internet multiplayer later on."
lcocea
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Xbox Live Creators Program Is Now Live

Postby broozar » 2017-08-15 20:22

nice heads up! as we demonstrated over a year ago, ShiVa 2.0 can export UWP games and run them on real console hardware. when i have time, i will look into the XBLive code and see what can be done for a plugin integration.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Xbox Live Creators Program Is Now Live

Postby broozar » 2017-08-17 11:16

xbox live (xsapi) looks rather non-trivial and comes with a book's worth of extensive documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... -live-apis so it's definitely not something I can fit in between all the work that's already on my plate. anyone else up for it?
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Misc