2d Animation Explainer solution help?

All That Remains

2d Animation Explainer solution help?

Postby JoeClark » 2017-10-30 14:28

Hello,

I heard that you can use blender for 2d animation. What i already know is that I can import sketches from gimp to blender.

What I want to do is use it to make cartoons in 2d. I just don't know how to do that; like import backgrounds,characters, how to make them move, how to make the faces change, how to make them walk from scene to scene and stuff.

Is there anybody out there who could help me or send me links to videos to help me make 2d animations. I went through many resources and also checked many 2d Animation Explainer but did not find any solution.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.
JoeClark
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: 2d Animation Explainer solution help?

Postby lcocea » 2017-10-30 15:49

Assuming his question is ShiVa related: You can create your 2d animation as a sequence of images. You can do this in any 2d graphics software, or even by hand; I found Photoshop particularly interesting because it allows you to animate parts of images as standalone objects. Then you can use Julien Pierron’s plugin (julien-pierron.com) to include the sprite in a ShiVa HUD. Check out the main menu in this iOS game https://goo.gl/KkUHux for an example.
lcocea
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: 2d Animation Explainer solution help?

Postby broozar » 2017-10-30 17:05

ShiVa is a game engine and development environment, not an animator. It already expects things to be animated before you import them. If you want to use blender for animation, please read blender animation tutorials.

If you want to know more about working with 2D in ShiVa, we have a handful of KnowledgeBase articles on the topic:
http://www.shiva-engine.com/knowledgeba ... gory/kb2d/

That said, ShiVa's focus really is on 3D and not 2D. If you want to make f.i. a pure 2D Mario-clone, you should consider another engine. If you want to go 2.5D or 3D, ShiVa is a great choice.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Misc