ShiVa Developer Forum • View topic - New Apple Arcade and Google Stadia

New Apple Arcade and Google Stadia

All That Remains

New Apple Arcade and Google Stadia

Postby dbladez » 2019-03-26 03:42

Exciting times ahead I think with these new announcements about Apple Arcade and Google Stadia.

Just wondering how the new Shiva 2.0 is coming along and if it will have support for these two new big things?

May have to get back into development it seems if so. Maybe finish some big projects I spent years on and never finished..
dbladez
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: New Apple Arcade and Google Stadia

Postby broozar » 2019-03-27 23:31

There have been many game streaming services, from smaller companies like onLive to tech giants like nVidia. Nobody has had any measurable success with it yet. Personally, I think that with an input lag of 160ms and up, the requirement for a beefy broadband connection, and rather noticeable video compression artefacts, these services still have a long way to come. We also don't know about pricing of the service and developer payment % yet from either company.

ShiVa 2.0 currently has no plans to support either service explicitly. Once they have been officially released, and there is an SDK available, we can have a look if there is enough demand. Technically speaking, it's most likely not an issue at all. ShiVa was reported running on nVidia GRID years ago.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Misc