How to sign your own plug-in

You feel lost? You don't understand how to use ShiVa?

How to sign your own plug-in

Postby Wolfgangabersdorf » 2017-04-29 12:08

I created the plugin. Added to his project. The project can not be exported. The plugin is not signed. How do I sign the plugin?
Shiva Basic
Wolfgangabersdorf
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: How to sign your own plug-in

Postby broozar » 2017-04-29 12:22

I am afraid you cannot. Basic can only export previously signed plugins (e.g. from our store).
To sign, you need ShiVa ADVANCED, which can also export unsigned plugins.

Plugin signing and unsigned export are two of the major reasons why advanced users buy ADVANCED over BASIC.

PS: Signing is currently only required for Web anyway, so when you got ShiVa Advanced, you can save a lot of money for the certificate by simply not signing. more info: http://www.shiva-engine.com/doc/plugins/overview/
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Wolfgangabersdorf » 2017-04-29 12:24

It's a pity. Now it is clear why the project is developing so badly.
In the store there are only 10-20 plug-ins. Half of which does not work.
Wolfgangabersdorf
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby broozar » 2017-04-29 12:32

ShiVaTech is not responsible for the functionality of 3rd party plugins. Please inform the plugin creators if something is broken in their products. I am sure they are nice people and willing to help you and fix their stuff.

If you plan on creating a number of plugins that would help the community, something like physx, fmod, an ad framework or something of that sort, please let me know, we might upgrade your BASIC to and ADVANCED for free if you are willing to offer these plugins on our store.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Wolfgangabersdorf » 2017-04-29 13:52

I can not even test the work of my plug-in. After all, in order to export it into hiVa Authoring Tool, you need the plugin's signature
Wolfgangabersdorf
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby broozar » 2017-04-29 16:00

Right. The thinking is, you can test the plugin workflow in the Editor without exporting, then buy Advanced if you like it. I realize this only showcases the Windows workflow, as Mobiles necessarily need an export. Also, the workflow for e.g. Android or iOS is significantly different due to the Java/ObjC language barrier.

From what I read, I assume you are still using 1.9.2 and the Authoring Tool to make plugins? That's no good either way. You would be compiling with the old 1.9.2 headers against a very outdated version of the engine. Not to mention the plugin structure has changed a bit during the transition to ShiVa 2.0: http://www.shiva-engine.com/doc/plugins/files/

If you want to transition your plugin to 2.0, we could give you access to ShiVa Advanced for a limited time. Please send your name, your registered shiva3dstore mail address and a small explanation text to support(at)shiva-engine[dot]com if you are interested.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Getting Started