ShiVa Developer Forum • View topic - Marker-less Augmented Reality for iOS and Android?

Marker-less Augmented Reality for iOS and Android?

You feel lost? You don't understand how to use ShiVa?

Marker-less Augmented Reality for iOS and Android?

Postby tacroy » 2018-05-22 16:58

Hello! Can shiva do Marker-less AR on android and iOS? Does it tie into ARkit or similar? I'm getting ready to start a 3d book project where I can't control what device the users have and wanted to see if Shiva is an option for me on this project. I searched the forum, but didn't have much luck in finding anything.
Thank You!
tacroy
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Marker-less Augmented Reality for iOS and Android?

Postby broozar » 2018-05-22 19:08

hi tacroy,

in theory yes, support is possible, but there is no plugin for it at this time. I started with iOS ARKit a few months ago, but it never got anywhere thanks to a lack of documentation on the Objective-C++ side. Apple seems to have their mind set on Swift and their own SceneKit to the point where the Objective-C documentation automatically switches to Swift. On the android side, there is ARcore, but it's severely hampered by the Android 8 requirement (only 5% of devices run it) and the handful of phones that are actually fast enough to run it https://developers.google.com/ar/discov ... ed-devices
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Getting Started