ShiVa is excited about vrAse - new VR project on kickstarter

ShiVa is excited about vrAse - new VR project on kickstarter

Postby broozar » 2013-09-07 21:39

Hi ShiVa community,

AR and VR seem to be developing into something to truly reckon with in 2014. Devices like the Oculus Rift have received major public recognition at E3, QuakeCon and PAX this year, and with a game dev legend like John Carmack at the helm, serious know-how is at work developing the gaming experience of the next years.

ShiVa is supporting the Rift since its latest beta. Simply install ShiVa 1.9.2 beta 6 and try it out for yourself on your PC.
But wouldn't it be great if you could take your VR headset with you, play the games you love everywhere you go, or play AR games for the first time without awkwardly holding your mobile phone or tablet in front of you? We certainly think so!

This is where vrAse comes in. vrAse is a device that transforms your Smartphone screen into the equivalent of a 200" 3D TV VR/AR device. Enjoy movies, games and augmented reality like never before - immerse yourself in 3D environments where YOU move, run, shot, travel around the space and discover new worlds!

We ShiVa developers are genuinely excited about this idea, so excited in fact, that we have decided to actively support the creators of this headset. Along with Unity, Marmalade and other industry leaders, http://vrase.com/en/developers/ we have joined together to make vrAse an awesome experience for consumers and developers alike. Stay tuned for some upcoming announcements around this project in the future!

In the meantime, we would like you to have a look at their kickstarter page, watch their video and give them feedback! We hope you will get just excited about the project as we are and decided to back the project, maybe even grab some of the backer bonuses along the way.

Project Website: http://www.vrase.com
Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/204 ... ality-case
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ShiVa is excited about vrAse - new VR project on kickstarter

Postby Selzier » 2013-09-08 01:57

I seen ShiVa as Development Environment on their kickstarter page, great work! This is a really cool device and a great price, I will be backing this project.
Selzier
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Badger » 2013-09-08 02:58

Very cool. Though every time i see that logo my brain reorganises the letters.
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby benson » 2013-09-08 06:59

very cool !!!
benson
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Strokey44 » 2013-09-08 13:10

That does look pretty cool. Guess it's time for me to get a new phone.
Strokey44
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby 8DashP » 2013-09-09 00:45

Badger wrote:Very cool. Though every time i see that logo my brain reorganises the letters.

Yeah me too, and not in a good way!
Russell - http://store.synapticbytes.com - Software Store now open, including ShiVa3D assets
Checkout sbPhysics, the bullet physics plugin, plus the Partifex particle libraries on the store
8DashP
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: ShiVa is excited about vrAse - new VR project on kicksta

Postby orion_uk_IOW » 2015-04-18 21:00

Badger wrote:Very cool. Though every time i see that logo my brain reorganises the letters.

Lol... 1st Thing that went through my mind also :P
orion_uk_IOW
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Return to News