ShiVa Developer Forum • View topic - ShiVa 2.0 beta 3 released!

ShiVa 2.0 beta 3 released!

ShiVa 2.0 beta 3 released!

Postby broozar » 2015-11-04 12:04

We are very happy to announce that ShiVa 2.0 beta 3 has been released today! It comes with 2 new modules, tvOS and Xcode7 support, engine updates and over 110 bug fixes. For a short overview, please read our blog post: http://www.shiva-engine.com/shiva-2-0-beta-3-released/

The update will be delivered to registered beta users and 2.0 licensees through our 1.9. beta portal on http://beta.shivaengine.com where you will find all download links and a detailed changelog. Please uninstall the old beta before getting the new version to avoid incompatibilities.

As with the last beta, we encourage our users to download the update and report every bug they can find to our new bug tracker page, http://www.shiva-engine.com/bugtracker.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ShiVa 2.0 beta 3 released!

Postby dwilki » 2015-11-04 15:44

Fantastic! Congratulations. Can't wait to give it a try.
dwilki
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby lcocea » 2015-11-04 16:49

This is absolutely great and on time for the holiday season! Way to go ShiVa team!
lcocea
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Fraser » 2015-11-04 18:28

Woohoo! Team ShiVa for the win! downloading now...

ShiVa 2.0 beta3 and all subsequent releases will use GLSL ES as their primary shading language, which is probably one of the most complete and universally supported shading languages currently in the world. Translators are in place to cover all our export targets, so the code gets converted automatically into Desktop GLSL, DX11/XB360/XB1 HLSL, PS4 PSSL, PS3 PSGL, and so forth, without you having to write a single line of platform-dependent code.

Pinch me, is it a dream? Users can now write custom shaders with one codebase for all targets :D Going to start learning GLSL ES stat! :geek:
Fraser
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby .eb » 2015-11-05 00:58

Great to hear about Beta3! Thx for hard work !

@Frasier, after we get news on how this GLSL ES system will work, we should make a thread to help one another learn specifics/share, ;)
.eb
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Cheramu » 2015-11-05 20:41

Congratulations with the beta 3 release! Will try it out soon.
Platform: interactive visual art
Tools: polyglot-dialogue editor
Scripts: rmi xml network example, dialogue example
Cheramu
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Fraser » 2015-11-05 23:08

.eb wrote:...after we get news on how this GLSL ES system will work, we should make a thread to help one another learn specifics/share, ;)

Nice idea .eb, I couldn't wait that long though :D :
http://www.shiva-engine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=30555
Fraser
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Fraser » 2015-11-07 16:31

The new editor is looking really nice and the flexibility is great, I'm gonna get a bigger monitor (and maybe PC) for christmas so I can create my dream workspace layout, 1280*800 laptop is too low.
Last edited by Fraser on 2015-11-10 16:04, edited 5 times in total.
Fraser
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby dZastrX » 2015-11-08 16:44

Just love u, guys : Away from shiva for some monthes now, I'm back with some new ideas and tons of unfinshed projects made the two past years...
All are awaiting since then on my hard drive : Animated foliages for vegetation system, various importers / exporters ( .ob j, .dae ), etc...

Thanks to your tutorial about javascript / Shiva exchanges, I just succeed a few days ago, in a few lines only, to make work the touch events from HTML5 ( this is my main target )
I still have some progresses to make : A friend reported me my little demo crashed under Safari ( iPad ) ... While it just works great on a very old mini-androïd tablet.
But, still... I went away a bit because I wasn't able to progress the way I wanted, and was a bit affraid you, guys, were stuck in a difficult and long development with no guarantee a futher update will never be released... But you did it. And you made it such a valuable work ! ...So, yes, again, I love you.

To be honnest, on my side I'am not really interested in the abilities you added in B3 :
Right now, I am not easy with shaders, and I am not in hurry to edit scenes with the v2
( Although once I'll have finished my awaiting projects, I might be a bit more curious )
However, it creates hope and I barely imagine how tremendous must be the efforts you put in this release :
You deserve a lot of congratulations ! :)

So, now downloading this beta3 !
Well, I don't expect any change with HTML5 exporter on this release, but still, I want to have a look at what you did !

About HTML5, now I am about to make some tests in order to check if there is a way to add some streaming abilities ( textures, meshes, sounds ) in my HTML5 projects
If I find a way for that, then the graal is not so far ! :evil:
dZastrX
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby broozar » 2015-11-09 10:23

Beta 3.1 quick fix update has been released! Links in the download area have changed, please re-download the installer.

New "small features":
- now displaying jobs progression in tray
- added "Copy name" and "Copy name for Event" for handlers in the AI module

Bug fixes:
- fixed rotation gizmo when used in global space
- optimized scene rendering in editor when using a terrain and/or a navigation mesh
- fixed dynamic font size rendering problem in HTML5 engine
- fixed a shader generation bug at export time
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to News