ShiVa 2.0 beta 7 released!

ShiVa 2.0 beta 7 released!

Postby broozar » 2016-10-08 18:19

We are very happy to announce that ShiVa 2.0 beta 7 has been released yesterday! We are tackling three big areas with this release: plugins, the multiplayer server, and materials. There are also a number of engine fixes and enhancements (iOS10, UWP) to evaluate. For a short overview, please read our blog post: http://www.shiva-engine.com/shiva-2-0-beta-7-released/

- NEW: engine plugin module
- NEW: HTML5 plugin support
- NEW: first ShiVa Server release to replace the 1.9.2 server (you need to recompile the client too)
- NEW: Win10 UWP/VS2015 projects
- NEW: Material module with 1.9.2 material support (PBR coming later)

The update will be delivered to registered beta users and 2.0 licensees through our 1.9. beta portal on http://beta.shivaengine.com where you will find all download links and a detailed changelog. Please uninstall the old beta before getting the new version to avoid incompatibilities.

As with the last beta, we encourage our users to download the update and report every bug they can find to our new bug tracker page, http://www.shiva-engine.com/bugtracker.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ShiVa 2.0 beta 7 released!

Postby berdal84 » 2016-11-10 16:57

Hi ShiVa Technologies !

Thanks for this new beta version. I'm sooooo happy to be able to work under Linux ! I'll try soon the new HTML5 exporter...
By the way, I love the new GUI, very sweet and smooth (especially the slides when you want to edit a material from the shape editor.

I just want to say : "Bravo !"
berdal84
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Shiny Box Games » 2016-11-29 08:02

Was stopping by to check out the new beta (was running beta 5 previously). I downloaded the Beta 7 for windows and installed it. Every time I open shiva using the shortcut or .exe it opens the editor and presents me with the Shiva Editor Settings pop up.

Anything I do here results in the editor closing automatically.

The last time I used the beta I had to log in to authenticate my lic, but I don't have that option now and I cannot get the editor to open.

Am I just missing something really basic here?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!
Shiny Box Games
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby broozar » 2016-11-29 11:47

Hi Shiny, most likely you did not remove the old Settings folder in AppData. You have to do this manually for every new beta. There's a small section on the issue on our beta page:

FIRST START

If you have used a ShiVa beta version before, we highly recommend deleting the ShiVa cache and settings folder BEFORE your first start. You can it them under:
- Windows: C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\ShiVa
- OSX: /Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/ShiVa
- Linux: /home/your_username/.shiva

When you first start ShiVa, you will be prompted to register your software again. Registration is now mandatory, even for the free Web Edition. If you own a license newer than Jan 1st 2012, we have already transferred it to new 2.0 license server. Web licenses can be activated from within the editor, Basic and Advanced licenses must be purchased from our new store.

Your username ( = email address) and password for the editor are identical to your store login on www.shiva3dstore.com. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it through the store interface.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Shiny Box Games » 2016-11-29 19:36

Thanks! Looks like I was missing the most basic of things.....reading :)

I appreciate the help!!
Shiny Box Games
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Return to News