ShiVa 2.0 beta 8 released!

ShiVa 2.0 beta 8 released!

Postby broozar » 2016-12-23 18:17

We are very happy to announce that ShiVa 2.0 beta 8 has been released, just in time for the holidays! This release brings you the Debugger module, export improvements and engine fixes, among other things. For a short overview, please read our blog post: http://www.shiva-engine.com/happy-holid ... -is-ready/

- NEW: Lua Script debugger
- Build iOS/tvOS/APK/... directly in the editor
- Editor UI improvements
- various engine fixes, progress in HTML5/WebGL exporter, 64bit MacOS engine, ...

The update will be delivered to registered beta users and 2.0 licensees through our 1.9. beta portal on http://beta.shivaengine.com where you will find all download links and a detailed changelog. Please uninstall the old beta before getting the new version to avoid incompatibilities.

As with the last beta, we encourage our users to download the update and report every bug they can find to our new bug tracker page, http://www.shiva-engine.com/bugtracker.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ShiVa 2.0 beta 8 released!

Postby Develophel » 2017-02-09 09:25

The post appear to have been hacked by NG689Skw :?
Develophel
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby broozar » 2017-02-10 20:09

oh the joys of wordpress. thanks for reporting, will roll the site back later today.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Postby broozar » 2017-02-10 21:01

... repaired. seems to be a common issue with the wordpress 4.7.0 and 4.7.1 updates:
- https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wor ... -ng689skw/
- https://blog.sucuri.net/2017/02/content ... t-api.html
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Develophel » 2017-02-11 03:21

You're welcome! I've been away for a bit and I've to say the last few updates seems great, awesome job! :mrgreen:
Develophel
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby broozar » 2017-02-11 18:35

thanks for the kind words! please feel free to give us feedback through our bugtracker, whenever you encounter something you miss, or we could do better.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Postby unistudios » 2017-04-11 05:42

is there any information regarding the release of Shiva 2.0 , it has been more then 4 years and the process has been taken so long, to be honest I love shiva and is easy to work with and I don't want give up and try other engines and I will love to see how PBR will work with the engine.
unistudios
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby broozar » 2017-04-12 12:14

unistudios wrote:is there any information regarding the release of Shiva 2.0 , it has been more then 4 years and the process has been taken so long, to be honest I love shiva and is easy to work with and I don't want give up and try other engines and I will love to see how PBR will work with the engine.

hi, thanks for staying with us for so long. we realize 2.0 has been a long time in development and release has been pushed back several times. sorry for making everyone wait.

there have been more than 8 ShiVa 2.0 beta releases for existing licensees and constant engine updates over the last years. except for terrains and animation curves, which are the last 2 big missing editor modules, ShiVa 2.0 beta 8 has feature parity with 1.9.2. so realistically, we could release ShiVa 2.0 to the public in 1 or 2 betas time. however, we wanted to add a few cool new features to 2.0 before doing so, like PBR which you mentioned. the basic tech for PBR has been in ShiVa since February 2015 (see blog), however there has not been a convenient way for end users to add PBR materials through the 2.0 editor. apart from PBR, the multiplayer and server code has been worked on, and we have neat ideas for how to build upon the new server code. there are a couple of other modules and features being worked on that we have not talked about yet. there is unfortunately no fixed date on when these things will be ready, so it is nearly impossible to make a definite statement regarding the public release date of ShiVa 2.0.

we hope you will stay patient with us for a bit longer. in the meantime, you are welcome checking out the beta program and reporting your findings on our bugtracker. checking out and learning other engines is also not a sin ;) and if you see a feature you like somewhere else that ShiVa could benefit from, please let us know on our bugtracker as well.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Postby karmacomposer » 2017-05-08 19:11

Is development going along steadily?

I am having big problems with Unity Pro and I am ready to dump it and move entirely to Shiva, which I already own a old 1.9.2 Basic license.

I noticed the terrain editor is not in the beta 2.0 yet and that is one thing we are REALLY going to require. When do you think it will be ready?

Will it allow for streaming terrains/DFD (direct from disk terrains) for very large open worlds?

We will be mainly creating 3rd and 1st person perspective games with multiple levels and will not really need multiplayer ... yet, so terrains are the
only thing holding me back from investing in beta 2.0.

Mike
karmacomposer
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby broozar » 2017-05-09 01:10

Development is ongoing, yes.

Terrain is not in the current beta 8, correct, but terrains exported from 1.9.2 will work. Terrain is also not in the current internal build I am testing atm. I will have to ask the rest of the team when Terrain is scheduled and then come back to you.

Terrain geometry data is not streamed, but terrain texture streaming has been supported since 1.8 iirc.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to News