ShiVa Developer Forum • View topic - S3DEngine_WinRT Namespace winmd

S3DEngine_WinRT Namespace winmd

Windows Application Store (Windows 8 Desktop and WinRT on ARM) and Windows Phone 8

S3DEngine_WinRT Namespace winmd

Postby szony » 2018-07-30 09:42

Hello, I have a problem :cry:
When transferring the app in the Microsoft App Store, I get this error (***) after the test:

###

ENGLISH:

Error Found: The type location test detected the following errors:
***The types in the S3DEngine_WinRT namespace are located in file DampferWelle.winmd that does not match the namespace.***
Impact if not fixed: Microsoft store doesn't allow apps that don't pass Windows Runtime Metadata Validation.
How to fix: Please ensure that the metadata for all Windows Runtime types is located in the winmd file that has the longest namespace-matching name in the app package.

GERMAN:

Fehler: Beim Test auf den Typstandort wurden die folgenden Fehler erkannt:
*** Die Typen im Namespace "S3DEngine_WinRT" befinden sich in der Datei "DampferWelle.winmd", die nicht mit dem Namespace übereinstimmt. ***
Auswirkungen, falls nicht behoben: Apps, die die Windows-Runtime-Metadatenüberprüfung nicht bestehen, sind im Microsoft Store nicht zulässig.
Behebungsmethode: Stellen Sie sicher, dass sich die Metadaten für alle Windows-Runtime-Typen in der winmd-Datei befinden, die den längsten mit dem Namespace übereinstimmenden Namen im appx-Paket besitzt.

###

Was created with Beta 9 and VS2015.

How can I solve this problem? Does somebody has any idea?
Thank you very much!
szony
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: S3DEngine_WinRT Namespace winmd

Postby broozar » 2018-08-03 01:59

Hi, I haven't seen this error yet, but some of our customers have used our WinRT engine to publish successfully to the Windows Store. I have googled for this error and read through StackOverflow, looks like this error is a security check that has been there for years and would have affected many other users as well.

I'd like to ask you to build one of our simple demo applications, like SimpleAnimation, and see if you also get the error there.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Postby szony » 2018-08-05 19:36

Hello broozar,

unfortunately, the same problem.
We have created different apps, we always have the same file and problem in the test:
S3DEngine.Windows_X.X.X.X_x86_arm_bundle.appxupload
S3DEngine.Windows_X.X.X.X_ARM.appxsym
In the namespace: S3DEngine_WinRT

Thank you very much for your help!
szony
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby broozar » 2018-08-09 21:13

Confirmed.

Test builds are all OK, but once you generate a Store Package and run the Windows App Certification Kit over it, you will get the namespace error.

Will put it on the internal bug tracker.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Microsoft Windows RT