Re: Terrain Textures not rendered

Postby TheBlueSnow » 2018-11-18 09:29

Nope. I only get the TMP files.
TheBlueSnow
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby broozar » 2018-11-18 14:08

All right, then this is the problem. Either the texture generation never finishes, or the generated textures cannot be written to the output folder.

I can see from your video that you are running your test scene directly from the Samples folder inside ProgramFiles, which is possibly a write-protected location. I would like you to try 2 things:

1. Run ShiVa as Admin and generate your textures again. Do you get textures now?
2. Without running as admin, create an empty project (Top left "Main" > Projects > Add) inside a location you have guaranteed access to (i.e. Users/username/Desktop). Then create a new terrain, add your own texture, and render again.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Postby TheBlueSnow » 2018-11-18 16:26

The problem persists. Everything I would do is in vain.
TheBlueSnow
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby broozar » 2018-11-18 22:19

Then I fear I am out of ideas. Sorry. Of course there is always 1 final thing to try - uninstall, download again, and install in another place, like C:\\ShiVa. But I don't suppose that will help.

Granted, you are running 1.9.2 on ancient hardware on a no longer supported, at best 10 year old operating system, but I have been running ShiVa on XP for several years in the late '00s too. Support of integrated Intel chips has always been difficult under ShiVa 1.x, but that always referred to rendering and effects, not the creation of texture files. If you have the option of trying ShiVa on another machine, you should do so.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to ShiVa Editor Modules